Thursday, June 25, 2015

The Sleepless Unicorn Writes about Books

Hullo humanoids! I'm back and I still haven't gotten much sleep! And yes it is midnight. But you're getting two posts in a week. So the few of you who actually read this crap you should be happy. And just as a warning a lot of my posts will probably end up like this. Now onto talking about stuff. Or books. Stuff was the last post.

Books are weird. Whether it's a paperback or eBook it's still a thing that uses words to create stories that make you feel like you're in another world. Unless it's non fiction. Then... I don't know. It makes you feel like you're somewhere else here. Words are also weird. They're just a combination of letters from the alphabet that has meaning to us. Everything is weird. The word weird is weird because words are weird. But back to books. Well written fiction books transport you to another world. They're an escape from reality. They're wonderful. They're really weird but awesome. I love books. I love them more than skittles. Oh, and random fact. Purple skittles make me sick. I have actually puked from eating them. I know you wanted to know that. It's such valuable information. It'll change your life. I'm 42% sure it will.

There are various genres of books. Fiction and non fiction. Science fiction and fantasy. Humor and boring. Unicorns and narwhals. Narwhals are such weird creatures. They're like a unicorn and whale combined. A uniwhale. But back to genres. We split books into these genres because not all books are the same. They might be similar physically but the words they contain are always different. Sci-fi has aliens, lasers, and spaceships. Fantasy has dragons, swords, and magic. Not all sci-fi and fantasy contain these things I've just stated some common things from both genres. But yeah, genres are interesting. And different. And stuff. I really don't know where I was going with this. Let's move on.

Types of books! Paperback, hardcover, eBook, scrolls, stone tablets, invisible. There are all kinds of formats for books. Everyone has their preferences. No one has a wrong opinion when it comes to this. I prefer hardcover to paperback. I don't hate eBooks. I read them often. But I prefer having a physical book in my hand. Invisible books are pointless. They're very hard to read. Stone tablets are heavy and I don't think very many people use them nowadays but there's nothing wrong with using them. Congrats if you do. You're one of a few.

I should shut up now. I could keep rambling but then you'll probably give up and go do something productive with your life. Like look at Pinterest. Farewell humanoids and may the odds ever be in your favor. And if for some odd reason there are people reading this comment below what you want my next sleepless unicorn writes topic to be. Beam me up, Scotty! *teleports out*

No comments:

Post a Comment

You actually have something to say? Wonderful! Keep it clean and respectful though.